July 23, 2021
ProjectSlimline or Mini Slim
ColorsYellow + 2
About The Episode
Episode archive posted on July 26, 2021
It was nice to have the bandaged Wendy join us for this episode (her second time to the wheel). We got to see her puppy Skeeter Octavia and my kitty Kirwin, who tried to spin the wheel (see 41:00 on the show). For the second time in Craft Roulette history, the spin landed on the Guest Crafter’s veto. This week Wendy vetoed “summer sports” and she got her way. The parameters ended up very favorably for many Craft Rouletteers. Thank you, Wendy, for joining us and your ice cream inspiration!
About the Parameters & Submissions
The parameters apparently were very friendly and inspiring because who doesn’t like “tasty treats”? A big pile of Oreos, ice cream, mushrooms, cupcakes, and so many cute creations! I’m glad cards are calorie packed, because I would have gained a lot of weight this weekend! The “polka dot” parameter seemed rather unimportant in some ways, but I loved all the ways you used the parameter – embossing folders, stencils, 3-dots by the sentiment, as foreground, background, and as part of the element – well done! It reminded me of how FUNN the confetti parameter was a couple of weeks ago. KYB
We have some junior crafters joining us this week, too! Thanks for you submissions, girls, and well done moms for helping your children craft. Love that!
Welcome to our Newest Patron
Please consider joining us on Patreon as one of our patrons if you enjoy this show and others. We really appreciate the boost, and you can donate as much as you’d like!
We are having extra FUNN on our private blog! There’s a lot going on for our patrons, from polls to extra tips and projects, to an entire scrapbook program and game!
We want to welcome our newest patron, Isabel Alvarado, to the group as a Club FUNN member! Thank you, Isabel!
Moderators – I really appreciate you helping with questions and clarifications! KYBs!
Spin Sponsors – Thank you, Patty Beck, for donating stamp sets and dies that you designed! I know that will be a treat to our winner.
Viewers – we really appreciate you watching, giving us thumbs up, and sharing because our growth is organic, and not particularly grown by our platform.
Contributors – I love seeing new contributors and our faithful contributors. Be sure to join us on our FB group. You make this show a great creative resource for many!
Encouragers – it is like dessert to see the kindness in the chat, the blooming friendships, and then the atta girls in our FB group. It is a true blessing to visit the group and feel the hearts.
There are many ways to support Craft Roulette. Here you go:
- subscribe to our Craft Roulette channel on YouTube & click the notification bell
- keep or start submitting your brilliant cards – you inspire so many when you do
- keep watching, chatting, and leaving your kind comments on the show
- follow and support our Guest Crafters when looking for ideas and shopping
- share the upcoming show links with your friends
- tag us (#CraftRouletteChallenge, #CraftRouletteShow, #marygunnFUNN, #FUNNUniversity) when you post on your socials
- follow us on our socials (marygunnFUNN FB, Craft Roulette Show FB group, FUNN University Lounge FB group, marygunnFUNN IG, marygunnFUNN Pinterest)
- get some FUNN merch – I love wearing CR – keeps me thinking Friday evening is coming!
- learn about the benefits (behind the scene footage, extra tips, galleries, and more) we offer our patrons (marygunnFUNN Patreon)
- keep being an awesome paper crafter and making the world cuter. Thank you. KYB
Please join us on our free online campus, FUNN University, and next Friday on Craft Roulette! NO CLASSES THIS WEEK.
Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. CT: Study Hall
Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. CT: Cards+ Lab
CLICK GALLERY TO SEE ALL OF THE SUBMISSIONS!
Mary Gunn FUNN
Let me show you how I used a standard A2 Size Background Die to create a Slimline card background. In this video, I will also share how to create a watercolor-like look with SpectrumNoir Metallic Markers.